We're building a free online library at I-Open to offer information resources in areas of interest to readers.
- Civic Forums – are a platform for new experiences in civic engagement. Forums are most effective as weekly, programmed forums gathering business, civic, government, and academic leaders in guided, open discussions focused on information sharing and knowledge exchange for the purpose of building networks and community for transformative enterprise collaboration. Civic Forums Page on I-Open
- Civic Space – the civic space occurs at the lateral intersections of social and economic complexity, and is the most volatile, opportunistic situation for transformative innovation to occur. It appears as the area outside the four walls of any organization, comprised of leaders in academia, civic, business, and government who are equally affected by disruptive social, economic and environmental change.
- Civic Insight Library – The I-Open Video library is a collection of searchable interviews, stories, conversations, and transcriptions begun as a pilot in 2009. Civic leaders have contributed over 100 interviews, nearly fifty conversations with over 1000 voices participating, and over 150 hours of content to I-Open research. Interviews share civic leader insights, stories of innovation, and strategic investment through the lens of The Innovation Framework. I-Open Video Library on Vimeo
- Collaboration -- is the ability to work together toward a goal larger than what is capable by any one member alone. Collaboration in OSED is accelerated by conversations; networks, collaborative leadership and a process called, Strategic Doing - a simple, disciplined process of moving ideas to action quickly.
- Collaborative Community –is a networked, co-branded, thematic community that shares information, knowledge, talent, and resources for projects focused on a social and/or economic opportunity. Collaborative communities often result from Civic Forum conversations focused on a next step initiative, sustaining and amplifying activity between face-to-face meetings and who may remain loosely connected to each other.
Read More Here...
View the Online Library Sections Page here.
Ensure education, economic and workforce development services such as knowledge sharing, communications and engagement for a network of community and economic developers. Send your donation to I-Open by clicking on the secure PayPal donate button below.