This year's top 25 contributors shared their experiences, hopes and dreams on topics ranging from the most tenacious challenges communities face to how technology is giving rise to a new collective, a global culture.
What a year it's been!
A deep bow of gratitude to all contributors of the I-Open video library!
This year's top 25 contributors shared their experiences, hopes and dreams on topics ranging from the most tenacious challenges communities face to how creativity, collaboration and technology is giving rise to a new collective, a global culture anchored by trusted relationships emerging from our day-to-day conversations.
Viewers sought answers to a range of questions:
So, take your time, relish this list, set it aside to learn from others who've generously shared ahead for all of us.
And most importantly, share your favorites with your Friends so we can all be just a little smarter, kinder and wiser together in our year ahead.
From all of us at I-Open,
Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, and Peaceful New Year!
The I-Open Video library was visited by over 15K leaders and learners from all over the globe in 2014. We'd like to thank Vimeo, our host platform, for it's sophisticated toolset and welcoming creative community. Visit the I-Open Video library.
#1 Most Watched I-Open Video in 2014: Capacity Building in Emergence by Margaret J. Wheatley, Writer. Get the complete story at I-Open Research here.
- Capacity Building in Emergence - Margaret J. Wheatley, Writer
- COINS-Collaborative Innovation Networks - Peter Gloor, MIT, Univ Cologne, GalaxyAdvisors
- The Nature in Leadership - Introduction - Jackie Lowe Stevenson, Founder and CEO, The Spirit of Leadership
- Community Experience Enlivens Culture - Douglas Katz, Chef, Proprietor, and Experience Hacker
- The Renewal of Culture - Christopher Reynolds, Teacher, Traditional Healer, Musician, and Philosopher
- Lead With Purpose: Toastmaster Practices Inspired by The Four Agreements - Tim Ferris, Toastmaster and Member, Mid-Day Toastmasters, Cleveland, Ohio
- Networks: Weaving People, Ideas and Projects - June Holley, Network Weaver
- The Future of Publishing: New models for Content Creation - Matthew Bernius, Working at the Intersection of Technology and Culture
- Leadership, Abundance and Complexity in Human Systems - Bruce Waltuck, President, Freethinc...for a Change and Director, I-Open
- Growing Community in Economic Development - Dennis Coughlin, Director, I-Open
- Complexity Science - Curt Lindberg, Director, Partnership for Complex Systems, Billings Clinic
- The Power of Collaborative Conversations - Ken Homer, Founder, Collaborative Conversations, and Director, I-Open
- 7 Factors for Successful Community Projects - Lisa Braun, Executive Director, Ohio City Power and Tom O'Brien, Program Director, Neighborhood Connections, The Cleveland Foundation
- Stories and Faith in Community - Hamilton Coe Throckmorton, Senior Pastor, The Federated Church, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- "Born Global, Grow Global" What to Learn from Honda-A Japanese Mechanic's Entrepreneurial Dream of Reaching a Global Market - Mr. Toshikata Amino, Retired Executive VP of Honda of America Manufacturing
- Stephanie Sheldon and Cleveland Creatives - Stephanie Sheldon, Founder, The Cleveland Flea and The Indie Foundry
- Network Theory & Analysis - Valdis Krebs, Founder and Chief Scientist, Orgnet.com
- Making Change One Conversation At A Time - Bruce Waltuck, President, Freethinc...for a Change and Director, I-Open
- Conversation and Listening - Ken Homer, Founder, Collaborative Conversations, and Director, I-Open
- Comics: Storytelling for Cultural Imperatives - Joshua Dysart, American comic book writer
- Oral Traditions - Ken Homer, Founder, Collaborative Conversations, and Director, I-Open
- Social Network Analysis 1997 – 2007 - Valdis Krebs, Founder and Chief Scientist, Orgnet.com
- Branding Stories: Digital Platforms Creating Exponential Business Shifts - Dan Goldman, American writer, artist and designer
- Advancing Knowledge for a Brave, New World - Bruce LaDuke, Manager - National Policy Development, Humana
- Creating the Right Space to Foster a Spirit of Innovation - Dr. Thomas J Allen, Margaret MacVicar Faculty Fellow, Howard W. Johnson Professor of Management, Emeritus, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Is there a particular story you'd like to read? Check out the I-Open Transcription Collection on Scribd here.
- Just want to listen? Some stories are available - more coming - at I-Open on SoundCloud. Stop by here.
Do you really love photos? Explore I-Open's especially curated Storytellers Photo Albums and Collections on Flickr here.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter for updates, news and announcements! Subscribe.
- Join our Community! Register.
Got a question? Just want to chat? Email me at email@example.com I'd like to hear from you!
Ensure education, economic and workforce development services such as knowledge sharing, communications and engagement for a network of community and economic developers. Send your donation to I-Open by clicking on the secure PayPal donate button below.